The museum is divided between two floors, and its focal point is a central courtyard, a typical feature of dwellings in Alcalá de Henares, and a legacy of Roman and Islamic building traditions. Eight granite and limestone columns with Corinthian capitals form the lower gallery portico, while the upper gallery is supported by wooden posts and enclosed by a banister of the same material. Prior to the 1956 restoration, the original supports of the courtyard were wooden. 

The house’s original stone well, octagonal in shape, still stands in a corner of the courtyard.

Skip to content